The part of result and discussion is of vital importance in writing a dissertation. It is the symbol of your topic in your dissertation. In the part of result, you summarize your point of view from the context. And in the part of discussion, you can illustrate the meaning of the result part.
In the part of result, there are numbers of ways for you to make your findings more intuitive. For example, you can use tables and figures to demonstrate your result. So, if you want to write an excellent result part in your dissertation, you need to do as follows:
1. Try to use more tables, photos, and figures to present your point.
2. Try to use intuitive visual effects to attract the readers’ attention.
3. Use an objective assessment in your summary to maintain the objectivity of your views.
4. Make sure the writing is concise and clear, with a certain level of logic.
More cases on the result part’s writing can be found in GPA Expert.
After you finish the result part, you should think of how to write the discussion part. In this part, you may explain your result, you may link the result to recent studies, and you may link the fact to your topic. It is the very part where you could make the argument for your conclusions. By discussing the result, you can make a lot of recommendations to your readers.
Unlike the result part, which can be combined into a single paragraph, the conclusion can be divided into 4-5 paragraphs to highlight the author’s logic.
In par.1, you should state the importance of the topic and give your own opinion again. Words that appeared in the result part had better not come out again. You can draw the reader’s interest by asking questions.
In par.2-3, you should critically analyze your findings. You can write according to this logical structure: first, you can introduce your findings in a short word; then, explain whether they are expected or not; third, Determine whether the findings support your claim or not, and illustrate the reasons.
In par.4, you can discuss secondary findings from the study. Whether it is worth discovering or not, you should give your instructions. Limitations on the purpose of the study and the solutions can also be discussed in this paragraph.
In par.5, you should drew a conclusion on your discussion part and indicate the directions for future studies. New problems can be pointed out to arose people’s attention. Furthermore, the influence of your study should be emphasized.
The part of result and discussion is very significant. There are some common sense pitfalls you should avoid:
1. The result part shall be clearly distinguished from the discussion part. You can neither discuss too much in the result part nor describe the result too much in the discussion part.
2. Your research tends to be positive, but you can't ignore the negative aspect impact. Otherwise, it may lack an objective perspective.
3. Your study introduced in the two parts should correspond one to one.
4. You have to make sure that the format of the two parts is the same.
In a conclusion, when you are dealing with the result and discussion parts of a dissertation, you have to distinguish between what you can and can't do. If you have trouble in writing a dissertation, you can click GPA Expert for help. GPA Expert can provide a large amount of different types of Essay writings, welcome to consult!